Monday, March 14, 2011

Dear Senator Dutton:

My name is Esmeralda Mendoza and I am a 8th grader at Urban Promise Academy in Oakland, CA. My school is a small school in the community of Oakland. It is a school with a staff that support and encourage their students. UPA  is a small school that feels like a second family. In our school we have after school programs such as soccer,dance,drama,cheer leading, and more. The thing I will miss most at UPA if we do not get funding is the dances our after school programs of soccer, drama, and sports. I need the opportunity to go to college because I want to show my family and friends I can do my best and succeed. Also to show people even if I live in Oakland I can get a great education. Please support my education by letting California vote on the tax extension measure. The future of California is us and every single students in California!

-- sincerely,
Esmeralda Mendoza

No comments:

Post a Comment